Wuyi Mountain Won The ‘Double World Heritage’ Gold Signboard
On December 1st, 1999, good news came from Morocco, thousands of miles away: the 23rd session of the UNESCO World Heritage Committee made a decision to approve Wuyi Mountain as a double heritage of culture and nature, to be included in the ‘World Natural and Cultural Heritage List’. It becomes the fourth place in China and one of the 23 “double heritages” of world culture and nature in the world. Wuyi Mountain has taken the “golden signboard” in the world’s tourism industry.
Wuyishan has a unique, rare and wonderful natural landscape. In 1990, Mrs. Barco, the former Chairman of the Executive Committee of the World Tourism Organization, happily inscribed after visiting Wuyi Mountain: “The unpolluted Wuyi Mountain Scenic Area is a model of world environmental protection.”
Located in the northwestern part of Fujian Province, Wuyi Mountain is a subtropical region with a total area of 2,798 square kilometers. Wuyi Mountain Scenic Area is a typical Danxia landform. The highest point is Huanggang Mountain, which is 2158 meters above sea level. There are 36 peaks and 99 rocks on the both banks of Jiuqu River.
Wuyi Mountain is a key area for global biodiversity conservation. It preserves the most complete, most typical and largest sub-tropical native forest ecosystem in the same latitude of the earth. It is known to have 3,728 species of plants, including almost all types of vegetation in the mid-subtropical region of China; 5,110 species of known animals are rare. The unique gene library of wild animals enjoys the reputation of “the window of the world’s living things”, “the kingdom of snakes”, “the paradise of birds”, “the world of insects”, “the paradise of monkeys” and “natural botanical gardens”. The key to Asian amphibians and reptiles.” In 1987, the Wuyi Mountain Nature Reserve was listed by the UNESCO as a member of the World Manpower and Biosphere Conservation Network. In 1992, it was listed by the United Nations as a global biodiversity A-level nature reserve.
1. A Barge Coffin, dating back more than 3,750 years, is the earliest dating site found at home and abroad;
2. Ancient Seoul Ruins, 2355±70 years ago, Wangcheng, the area of the Western Han Dynasty and the Yue State, covering an area of 220,000 square meters;
3. Zhuzi’s science of science constitutes the ideological theory of China’s dominance from the Song Dynasty to the Qing Dynasty, and its influence is far from East Asia and Southeast Asia;
4. Cliff Stone Carvings, there are 426 existing, from Song to Qing, is a treasure house of Wuyishan ancient culture and ancient calligraphy art;
5. Ancient Cliffs Residence;
6. Tea Culture;
7. Religious Culture;
8. Zhaoqing Bridge.
(Images all from Chinese Internet)